Where are you located?
At the moment, we run this small business out of our home in Norwood, OH! If you're local and would like to pick up your items, please order online and select "pick up" at checkout.
If you're looking to shop in stores, you can find our products in several businesses around the Cincinnati area, including:
- LeiMarie Limited in Milford
- The Beauty Bar in Milford
- Haven Grey in Loveland
- Juneberry Boutique in Cherry Grove
- Williamsburg Mercantile in Williamsburg
- Redtree Art Gallery & Coffee Shop in Oakley
- Redtree Art Gallery & Coffee Shop in OTR
How do I properly care for my candle?
- Burn your candle for a minimum of two hours on first use
- Trim your wick(s) before each use to 1/4in (5mm)
- The ideal surface for use is heat safe, away from drafts, and out of reach of pets, children, and/or draperies and furniture
- Do not leave burning candle unattended
How many hours of burn time will I get out of my candle?
- Our 12 oz. candles will last up to 40 hours if burned properly and are well suited for large, open spaces in your home or studio.
- Our 5 oz. candle tins will last up to 15 hours if burned properly and are well suited for bathrooms, bed-side tables, and small, cozy spots in your home.
- Our 2 oz. travel tins will last up to 8 hours if burned properly. These are great for trying out new scents or for use while traveling.
What are the benefits of soy wax?
We’re currently using a 100% soy and soy-based additive wax for our container candles and an all-natural, 100% soy wax for our melts. Soy wax is a vegetable wax derived from soybeans that burns cleaner and longer than paraffin wax.
What are scent notes?
When it comes to fragrances, there are three “notes”: base, middle, and top.
Top notes are what you get first when you smell a scent. The molecules are small and tend to evaporate quickly.
Middles notes form the foundation of the fragrance. They often make up 40-80% of the entire aroma.
Base notes are typically calming scents that are made up of large molecules providing complexity, depth, and a lasting impression.
Why are wicks so important?
We currently use LX Series wicks in our 5 oz. and 12 oz. candles. These wicks slightly curl to the hottest part of the flame when burning which helps minimize carbon buildup (mushrooming), reduce smoke, and provide a “self-trimming” effect. These lead and zinc free wicks create a very stable and consistent flame in our candles.
For our sample tins, we use Eco Series wicks. They are constructed from natural flat cotton threads interwoven with paper threads that produce a rigid structure and consistent flame. They are also lead and zinc free.
Can I reuse my containers?
Absolutely! We encourage you to find creative and fun new uses for all of our vessels.
To remove excess wax, simply place in the freezer. Once frozen, use a butter knife to remove wax. Remove the wick tabs and thoroughly hand wash the vessel with soap and water.
You can use the jar for pens/pencils, makeup brushes, spare change, planters, vases, you name it! We would love to see how you use your repurposed jars. If you post a photo on social media be sure to tag us and use #BloomFragranceCo!